2020 ISPRA Communicator of the Year
Update: The 2020 ISPRA Spring Conference and Awards have been cancelled. The communications contest has been postponed and we are not accepting entries at this time. The ISPRA Communicator of the Year recognizes the exemplary leadership of Iowa’s outstanding communications professionals for demonstrated commitment to the enhancement of communication and relationships between their school systems and the families and communities they serve. The award honors those who recognize that communication is a critical component of leadership. The award is open to all school districts and education agencies throughout Iowa. Entries are judged by school public relations professionals who are members of affiliate State Chapters.
The ISPRA Communicator of the Year will be announced at the ISPRA Awards Banquet on April 30, 2020. The winner will receive one free paid registration to the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA) Seminar in St. Louis, MO, July 12-15.
- Nominees must be members of ISPRA for the full school year that they are nominated for.
- Given to an individual or an organization demonstrating effective public relations strategies aimed at supporting Iowa education/students/teachers.
- Recognized as an advocate who has earned a reputation as being highly credible with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Experience and involvement in communicating with diverse audiences.
- Uses communication strategies that demonstrate strategic thinking, which contributes to the betterment of Iowa education/students/teachers.
- Demonstrates effective personal communication with a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrates ethics and professionalism in communication.
- A recognized role model for communicators and non-communicators alike, and someone whose communication skills and messages have impacted the lives of others.
Contact Jen Woodley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-753-6561 Ext. 1232.