ISPRA Communicator of the Year
The ISPRA Communicator of the Year is a biyearly award recognizing the exemplary leadership of Iowa’s outstanding communications professionals for demonstrated commitment to the enhancement of communication and relationships between their school systems and the families and communities they serve. The award honors those who recognize that communication is a critical component of leadership. The award is open to all school districts and education agencies throughout Iowa. Entries are judged by school public relations professionals who are members of affiliate State Chapters. This award is presented on even years (2022, 2024, 2026, etc.)
The ISPRA Communicator of the Year is announced in the spring on even years at the ISPRA Awards Ceremony. The winner receives one free paid registration to the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA) Seminar.
- Nominees must be members of ISPRA for the full school year that they are nominated for.
- Given to an individual or an organization demonstrating effective public relations strategies aimed at supporting Iowa education/students/teachers.
- Recognized as an advocate who has earned a reputation as being highly credible with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Experience and involvement in communicating with diverse audiences.
- Uses communication strategies that demonstrate strategic thinking, which contributes to the betterment of Iowa education/students/teachers.
- Demonstrates effective personal communication with a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrates ethics and professionalism in communication.
- A recognized role model for communicators and non-communicators alike, and someone whose communication skills and messages have impacted the lives of others.
Past Communicator of the Year Award Winners
- 2014: Jarrett Peterson, Ankeny Schools
- 2015: Beth Strike, Central Rivers AEA
- 2016: Phil Roeder, Des Moines Public Schools
- 2017: Jenn Woodley, Great Prairie AEA
- 2018: Andrew Potter, Marshalltown Schools
- 2019: Diane Ostrowski, Council Bluffs Schools
Contact Jen Woodley at email@example.com or 319-753-6561 Ext. 1232.